My last session of the day was on competitive research. Knowing what your competitor is doing can help you out. Things to watch include:
- Alexia – Check stats, traffic and analyze links
- PPC – See what competitors are bidding on or optimizing or
- Market Leap to check backlinks
- Use email alerts to keep track of where competitors are getting links and who is talking about you
- Ebay – Start ups usually start here
- Compare sites load times, internal linking, homepage copy, indexed number of pages and the transaction experience.
After the first speaker it got into paid inclusion and tracking the performance history of ads for you and your competitors. Got a few good pointers here and a few websites to check out.