Everyone is making PowerPoint presentations anymore and some are pretty good. Others, however, have some major issues.
Recently Bill Gates gave a presentation that was done in PowerPoint and he’s a great example of what not to do. That is, unless you want a bad presentation.
Here is what to do to have a bad PowerPoint presentation.
- Use a busy background. Who cares if half the room can’t read the text?
- Don’t show the company logo. It’s not about re-enforcing the brand.
- Clip art rocks! Use as much as possible!
- Use text that blend into the background. Just because no one can read it doesn’t mean you can’t do it.
- Use white text on light colors. Again, readability isn’t important. Especially for those who are more than ten feet from the presentation.
- Don’t vertically align you category titles (Products Technologies). That’d just look to professional.
- Put as much information on one slide as possible. More slides, that are easier to understand is to much work for the presenter.
Those are just a few tips for making your bad PowerPoint presentation. Now you can be as cool as the richest man alive, Bill Gates.
View more images (and bigger sizes) at Flickr.