I’m not sure if it’s just me or not, but I can’t seem to get Google Calendar to work well with Apple’s iCal. I have FTPed my calendars up to a folder on my website, pointed Google Calendar to those ics files and yet, nothing shows. I’ve even published my iCal calendars on a public WebDAV server, then put the URL into Google Calendar and nothing shows.
What gives? Is Google calendar and Apple’s iCal not compatible?
Hmm. I got it to work from my friend’s iCal.
– On iCal, go to “File” and then click “Export as Calendar”.
– It will then give you a file that you can send over to your PC (we used simple IM).
– In Google Calendar, create a new calendar and name it whatever you want.
– Next, go to your main calendar page. In the box where it says “My Calendars”, there is an Add button with an arrow.
– Click the arrow and select “Import Calendar”
Now you just have to browse for the file on PC (the one you sent over from the Mac).
Then you just find the calendar you created for it and click Import
Yea, this post is almost 2 years old. They’ve both come a long way and iCal and Google Calendar do play nicely together these days. 🙂