Social Bookmark Links is a plugin that has the same functionality as the Social Bookmark Link Creator. I’m just trying to automate it a little more and make it tie into WordPress.Now I’m just learning how WordPress plugins work. This is a new area for me and I’m not guaranteeing anything. It worked for me and it should for you.
Install & Configure Instructions [new location]
1) Download the plugin. Version 0.3
2) Open social-bookmark.php and configure it. Turn on the buttons you want and set up a few optional features.
3) Upload the social-bookmark.php file into your WordPress plugins directory.
4) Activate it via the Plugins area in the admin.
5) Put this code where you want the social bookmark links to show up: < ? social_bookmark(); ? > (remove the space before the first ? and after the last ?)
— On the home page it should be within the loop that displays all the posts. I put mine before the < p class=”postmetadata” > code.
— On the single post pages I put it above the < p class=”postmetadata alt” > code.
Granted, I know this isn’t the most streamlined process. As I learn how to get things to automate better and tie into WordPress’ admin area, I can make this plugin easier to use. But, for now, this is a good start.
Incase you are wondering where the Chicklet Creater plugin is, well it’s coming. I was going to create both this morning until I deleted the Social Bookmark Links plugin and had to start all over. 😉
Enjoy but remember it’s still in early stages and I’m learning as I go.
Ohh and a big thanks to Mark Jaquith for creating an excellent tutorial on how to create a WordPress plugin! It’s very basic, yet enough to get me started.